LOOKING FOR A PSYCHOLOGIST JOB IN BALLARAT?
Due to strong demand we currently have a position available for a new psychologist to join our team in Ballarat.
We’re a large, supportive, private psychology practice located in Ballarat, Victoria.
To learn more read on…
Mind Life Clinic is a well established and dynamic psychology practice located in Ballarat. We pride ourselves on taking a practical approach to psychology by providing our clients with psychological tools, skills and knowledge that are easy to apply and use. We provide services to individuals and couples, as well as organisations including employee assistance programs, debriefing, workshops and seminars. Our referral base is largely from GPs through the Medicare, WorkCover and TAC systems and local businesses. We operate in a great local area (see below for further details).
What the Role Involves:
Delivery of contemporary, evidence based-psychological practical treatments and services to individuals and couples who present with various mental health concerns, life stressors or those looking to make other positive changes to their lives
2 – 4 days per week. (Enjoy the benefits of working as an employee – no subcontractor arrangements)
What We Offer:
- A vibrant, energetic and supportive team environment that strives to be professional, fun and family friendly
- Extensive range of worksheets, educational tools and other internally developed resources that allows new and established psychologists alike to achieve great outcomes
- Individual and peer supervision to support your professional practice
- Flexible and negotiable work hours
- Professional indemnity insurance
- Registration with Medicare, WorkCover and TAC
- Opportunities to develop group programs and resources based on areas of personal interest
- Diverse client load with support to increase areas of professional expertise
- No pressure to meet quotas! Remuneration based on services provided.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
New Masters graduates or recently completed 4 + 2 psychologists also encouraged to apply as extensive support and supervision is provided.
- Eligibility for registration as a Psychologist with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency.
- Commitment to providing CBT and other evidence-based treatments
- Working with Children Check and Police Check
- Ability to work within a semi-structured, treatment plan framework
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to engage others easily
- Enjoys working in a collaborative team environment and is open to sharing ideas and learning from others
- Passionate about providing clients with practical strategies to help them achieve their goals
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic with a good balance between professionalism and fun
- Good organisational and time-management skills
- Sound computer skills
- Member or Associate member with the Australian Psychological Society
- Experience working with children, adolescents and adults in a mental health setting
- Knowledge of Medicare, WorkCover and TAC systems
- Experience and/or interest in delivering group interventions
The Local Area:
- Just over 1 hour to Melbourne CBD
- Affordable housing in a property growth corridor in both residential and rural surroundings
- Access to major retailers
- First grade hospital and health facilities
- Excellent range of reputable public and private schools
- Local farmers’ markets and tourist attractions
- Short drive to wine district and Grampians region
- Only 35 minutes to Hepburn and Daylesford Spa country
- Wide range of restaurants and strong cafe culture
- Just over 1 hour to Geelong and surf coast beaches
- Many sporting and recreational facilities
Want to know more or apply?
To apply for this exciting role please email a cover letter and resume to our Principal Psychologist and Practice Manager Rebecca Rudd on email@example.com.